cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange message from Fido number 89001

konpro122
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, I just got strange message from Fido number saing that I made a calls to US and my incurred charge is $93.5. Talked to CS on the chat and second time via phone and they said that they don't see any phone calls made by me to any numbers from US. Any suggestion?

"Hi, it's Fido! As of 11:59pm ET yesterday, you have incurred $93.5 of long-distance charges for calls to the United States, for mobile number 204-997- ****" - Hidden last 4 digits by me. I don't have any informations on my online account. There is also no links on the message from 89001. Maybe that mesage should be sent to other Fido customer?

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoAllan

Hey @konpro122

This is a legitimate message from Fido.  It's a new feature we are making available to let you know what to expect on your invoice. You'll receive a free SMS notification to let you know about pay-per-use charges incurred. 

These are courtesy messages and you will be billed based on actual usage. 

Hope this helps! 

konpro122

Hello! Problem is that I never called that number and I don't know who is this. CS said that there no long-distance calls from my number. I think your new feature is not working correctly... if I will receive any charge I will not pay for sure. 

It is an automated system message that is sent after you reach a certain amount. The details of the usage won't be available until you receive the invoice. 

Are you saying the number ''204-997- ****'' isn't yours? 

konpro122

Correct, it's not mine number and also I didn't called this number ''204-997- ****''

In that case, I invite you to contact us so we can have a closer look into this. 

konpro122

I already had two conversations with Fido few days ago. One on the chat, second one on the phone.  CS informed me that all is okay and he don't see any extra charge but suggested to wait for bill...

Rest assured that you won't be charged for something you did not do. Make sure to contact us if you have any concerns when your bill is available.