cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading information about accessories included with phone

zamd05
I'm a participant level 2

I wanted to upgrade my phone since my 2 year agreement has long ended and decided to check out the Iphone XR. I read all the info, specs and everything and it says this....

What's in the Box

• Comes With EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, Documentation

I checked it multiple times  even those small i information and there's nothing there that says that these stuff that was mentioned on the specs isn't included in the package. So I decided to get the Iphone XR and even paid a downpayment to set everything up for my probable 2 year agreement. I just picked up the phone from Purolator yesterday and to my disappointment, there is no EarPods with lightning connector, no USB Power adapter nor there was any documentation which for that part, I know they send it thru email now. I read the documentation they sent to my email, and it doesn't say there that those stuff are not included. I used the Live Chat to address my concern but the agent I messaged with did not show any way to resolve my situation and but actually just escalated my problem. I've been a loyal Fido Customer, so to be treated that way is unacceptable to me. Now, it's not just the false ad that is just my problem but the apathetic treatment I've been shown to, became also my dilemma. Don't these people care anymore about customer satisfaction principle? He said in your part it was mentioned in the website and in the info that the EarPods  and USB Power Adapter is not included, wherein I said that's why I checked and it doesn't say that it's not included and that's also the reason why I even paid the down payment to get this particular phone. I remember,  a year ago, when I was getting a new phone for my son, it was mentioned. But now, it doesn't say it's not, so my assumption is, it is included. He  told me if I want, he'll make a report about it and I will be contacted with what I can get or not within 2 to 5 days and he can't guarantee how long it will take to resolve my issue so I need to wait. Isn't that ridiculous? To think, I've already waited for the shipment, spent my day going to the Purolator to pick up the phone, been inconvenienced with the situation going back and forth. To my dismay I told him I will just return the phone and to no avail he said he'll send me a return shipment label on my email.  I've been dealing with guest service for 15 years so I can say, with how he dealt with my concern, that is really unacceptable. I asked him if he can help me close my account because that's what I felt to be the best thing to do since I don't want to deal with a customer service agent who shows no concern on my situation. He said he can't do it because the phone still appears on my account and told me to call 611 to close my account. I wasn't rude and even though I was really  disappointed already, I tried to be civil on to him whom ever I spoke with.  Showing apathy as I addressed my situation only made me feel devaluated as a loyal Fido customer. I'll close our account on Fido once I get the confirmation that the returned phone have been received. He even suggested to temporarily suspend our phone if we are not using it much. I wanted to get a copy of the chat transcript as a proof of our conversation. I did enter my email but until now I received nothing. Is this really how Fido treat their customers nowadays? This is really ridiculous.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPhilippe

Hey @zamd05! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well and thank you for your many years with us. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience, described above. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel when getting a new phone!

To clarify, Apple no longer includes power adapters and EarPods in the box. A change in policy to reduce waste. I sincerely apologise if the contrary was indicated when you purchased the new device.

That said, we'll be happy to review your situation to try and get this right. To get started, you can reach out to us using these methods and we'll take it form there.

zamd05

Thanks for that@FidoPhilippe! It would actually be nice if that information is indicated beforehand so I or any other users wouldn't expect anything. Obviously, customers rely mostly  on whatever is written on the website when purchasing something. It would be great if someone can contact me about my concern. I already returned the IPhone XR and seriously thinking of switching somewhere else as my next step but I'm also open to a solution with regards to my concern since my whole family's been with Fido eversince.

Please reach to us using your preferred method, @zamd05! It would be our pleasure to review the situation Smiley

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi  @zamd05 , @FidoPhilippe 

To continue the explanation of @FidoPhilippe , you can get genuine Apple Chargers on apple website at https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/iphone/accessories/power-cables . Always use a genuine charger and MFI certified cable, bad chargers and cables can cause fire. If a charger is not included and was indicated included, i think @FidoPhilippe or someone at Fido, can do something, i'm not an Fido employee i'm an user but i suggest you can ask Fido for a credit for the price of the charger or ask if Fido have a charger for you, if it's say its was included, you need to have it. If the situation is not resolved, you have always the choice to buy an charger on apple website, or have 15 days cellphone return warranty.

Have a nice day Smileybest.png

zamd05

Thanks for the suggestion  @khouya! Will take note on that! I'm actually a Samsung user but my son suggested to try the IPhone XR because that's what he's using at the moment. And yes, there's no information saying that it wasn't included.What I read was this...

What's in the Box

• Comes With EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, Documentation

That's why I'm suggesting for them to put a straightforward information that those stuff are not included so that when you get a new phone, you don't have expectations.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@zamd05 Allright okay :).

It's been a pleasure to assist you, if you need further help, just ask Smiley

Have a nice one Very_Happy

Sans titre.png

best.png

Hello Zamd05,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the mixed information regarding those included items in the box. I do understand it's disappointing not to receive those items when they are listed. As FidoPhilippe noted, it's unfortunate those items are still listed as being included.

I think the different information stems from Apple. When the iPhone XR was initially released in 2018, those items were indeed included (see here). However, Apple subsequently removed those items from the box for all iPhones since 2020 (see here and here). If the iPhone XR you received did not include those items, it would have been the updated packaging. Sadly, it appears they started a trend as many manufacturers have also stopped including some those items (see here).

It is regrettable the specifications list was not updated with the new information. However, I think it is unlikely Fido will compensate for items no longer included with devices from the manufacturer.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers