Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misguided with the plan

Dhanvi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am writing this with the bad service and misguided information provided by fido customer service on the plan.

I got an upgraded service on my plan during December. To get more clarification on the plan, I called the customer service for more details. I want to upgrade on the new plan only if international 1000 minutes calling service is available. When I asked the agent on this, she said as I am a loyal customer and there will be no change on your plan but just additional data will be available. I can get the same service with the existing 1000 minutes service in addition to the more data in the new plan. I agreed and upgraded it to the plan. They sent a follow-up email after upgrading the plan. I trusted the fido agent and haven't checked my follow-up email. Now, I got 581.11$ bill and I was shocked by seeing it. I called the customer service and escalated this issue to the manager. He said, that it was my mistake for not checking the agreement copy which I received in my mail. I told him that I was misguided with the information by the agent because it is different in my mail copy and the one which I had a conversation with the agent. I told the manager to audit the call log which I had with the agent. The manager said it is not possible because we won't record all the calls.  When I told him that, "you are making a business out of it". The manager was so rude and said, " We are in the business and yes we are making money". I migrated to Fido because of international calling but now they did this. I suggested my friends to port to Fido because of their services and plans but I am very much disappointed with this and I will definitely inform my friends not to migrate to Fido because they only care for the money and they will mislead you with fake promises.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Dhanvi! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I completely understand your frustration there. You trusted us and you feel that we let you down. That certainly not the way we want you to feel!

That said, we'll be happy to review all this with you via PM, if you wish. Just let us know and we'll send you one.

VTR1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 

I wanted to reach out and inform you that I have also been misguided with the phone. 

Iin July 2023 I was looking for a cheaper phone till September so that I can purchase iPhone 15.

the Fido agent suggested me a phone iPhone X 'max for $5 so that I could have less premiums 

I moved to a different network and Fido sent me bill to pay for the device of $850 which I'm not aware of it.

Because due to the agent lack of information, I'm being penalized for it, 

so how could we approach this situation ? 

Hello @VTR1,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you ended up leaving us. You mentioned being charged the device cost after cancelling, had you returned the phone to us?

You're welcome to reach out via these methods and we'll be happy to help.