cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from 465642

CHOCO1
I'm a participant level 3

I have been texting a friend on their cell phone in the U.S. Out of the blue, I got a message today saying, "Yr message was successfully delivered to phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx (+$0.25) To send messages in French, send the letter "F" in a text msge to the number 465645." I texted her a few times AFTER this message and everything is fine again? This is still their cell phone. Is this a glitch? I have unlimited canada, U.S. and international texting.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello CHOCO1,

Is it possible that you mis-dialled their phone number that instance? The 465645 short code is used for the SMS to landline service. Sending texts to a landline (home phone) is a 3rd party (TeleMessage) service which incurs additional cost (25¢). If you would like to prevent sending texts to a landline, you would have to contact TeleMessage (support@telemessage.com) directly and ask them to disable the service for your number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

CHOCO1

No - I just replied to the text. We habe been texting back and forth in the same message.

Hello again,

Hmm, that's strange. Have you considered contacting TeleMessage to ask them why that instance was considered SMS to Landline? They're the ones who provide the service and they're also the ones who charge for the service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

CHOCO1

Thanks! I thought Fido would be billing for it. I will contact them. 🙂