cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailing preferences

dkettle
I'm a contributor level 2

Even though I've been receiving my monthly bill by email for a couple of years now, I still continue to get special offers by regular mail. I've searched in vain for some way to indicate mailing preferences for my account. I do not wish to receive any correspondence by regular mail, both for environmental reasons and privacy concerns. Canada Post cannot be relied upon to deliver mail to the correct address. I often get mail addressed to other people (not former residents at this address, but people living at other addresses). This is the 21st. century. Fido, please get with the programme. If you can bill people by email, why do you still send them paper mail? Tell me how I can indicate my mailing preferences.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dkettle

We sometimes send mail via the post to help target our existing and potential customers. If there was any account specific promotions, we normally will send you an e-mail, text or call you about it. 

Depending on your delivery carrier, if you no longer wants to receive any unaddressed mail, you can simply leave a note on your mailbox about this and it will stop. Hope this helps! Smiley

dkettle

As my post clearly stated, I'm talking about ADDRESSED mail, not UNADDRESSED mail. And by the way, Canada Post just ignores any notes about not delivering junk mail. Are you actually telling me they're going to just ditch junk mail, or return it to the sender?

Please answer my question. How do I indicate my preference NOT to received __ADDDRESSED__ mail?

Thanks.

Hi @dkettle!

We can modify your marketing preference so that nothing get's delivered to your home. 

I'll have to access your account to proceed, I'll send you a private message in a few minutes. 

dkettle

Thanks. I think you should add this capability to your web site, though, so customers can set their preferences themselves.

David.

Thanks for your feedback, @dkettle, I will be sure to pass it along Smiley

We`ve sent you a PM!