cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lynn Canyon No Internet

Parag_Shah
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I visited Lynn Canyon today and Fido had no LTE data. Internet just work work. I did so coverage and network bars on my phone was 2-3 bars. But no internet. I wonder why? Was there an outage? @fido please can you fix this? Internet helps me pay for parking as well as stay in touch with friends. Have others expriened such issues in Lynn Canyon park?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Parag_Shah,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with reception. However, you should note that the nature of cellular service is that it relies on proximity to, and adequate signal from cellular towers. Since cellular service is transmitted via airwaves, many factors can also affect cellular signal (see here). These appear to be the location of the cellular towers in the area:

Lynn Canyon.jpg

~taken from here.

In addition, you should note that the different bands/frequencies used vary in their characteristics. For example, the lower frequencies (ie 700MHz) are better able to travel farther and penetrate deeper into buildings than higher frequencies (ie 2600MHz)(see graphic here).

There are additional cellular towers in the area which belong to other mobile providers. With the roaming agreements, Fido customers would be able to roam on their networks as extended coverage (Fido-EXT). Had you enabled roaming data on your device? You should note, however, that extended coverage usage is on a temporary basis and the majority of your usage needs to be on the Fido/Rogers networks.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers