cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my sim card

Mai99
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there. I just got my phone number but I accidentally lost my sim card. I don't know how to solve it. Furthermore, I also just paid for the first 2 months of the phone number. Please guide me to solve it. Can I get the same phone number but with a new different sim card? And will the amount I paid stay the same when I change my card?

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Mai99 , sorry to hear that you lost your Sim card. If you are able to go to a fido store,that would be the quickest way to get it replaced and set up with the same number. Nothing will change for you with your plan or phone. Make sure you have adequate ID and perhaps a bill for your current address. They may charge for the replacement Sim, but the only way to have it changed is in person to prevent fraud. Good luck with resolving this quickly. All the best, OL

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mai99,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've lost your SIM card. You can either go to a Fido Store to purchase a new one or contact customer service to order another SIM card. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Normally, you would be able to update your SIM card via your My Account (see here). However, you would need to have customer service update your SIM card since you no longer have your old SIM card number. You may need to update your SIM card in store with identification.

**edit** Any payments made are on your account. In addition, your phone number is associated with your line. Updating your account with a new SIM card would not affect your account, only how your phone associates with your account.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers