cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls charges

Vivek01
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Help needed , i used to have 1000 min LD as a addon then i  buy a device on black friday with fido so they changed my plan but i added 1000 min LD on that plan as well but for some weird reason it didn't got activated and i got huge bill for $600 ,  being international student who can only work part time that's huge amount for me , when I asked customer care they told because 1000 min LD wasn't compatible with that plan it didn't activated but i never got this error message or warning , so i was completely anware of that , If any one help with this i will be really grateful 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vivek01,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. I understand you recently changed your plan and you added the 1000 International Minutes. However, I'm not sure whether that should have been possible or not. As far as I am aware, the 1000 International Minutes was a promotional offer and not necessarily available as an add-on. That particular promotion may not have been available with your new plan. Fido does offer a 1500 Minutes to Select Countries add-on. Though, it should be noted that add-on includes fewer Countries.

Unfortunately, if the calls were made without that promotion, I'm not sure what can be done. As noted, your new plan might not be compatible with that promotion. In addition, it would not be possible to retroactively apply the 1500 Minute add-on (assuming the calls were to an included Country) or Preferred International rate add-on to calls already made.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers