Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance call charges

VIBHUTIPALADIYA
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there,

I found that I am not only one who got charged for long distance call, there are so many others who get charged also.
I hvae been keep charging by Fido for long distance call to USA,  which I have never made it. And when I called technical support they literally asked me to believe that you have called on that number, or someone else might have! Where I am keep repeating that I don't know that number on which I am calling, and I am the single user of my SIM card and my phone, they are keep saying that if you haven't call we shouldn't have applied the cost! This feels cheated where I am giving my words that I have never call on that number. None of my friends or family members leave in USA. So, whom should I be calling???

Do you see this type of issue with you guys!!!

I feel cheated! I sware I never call to USA!!!

it shows on my bill but I don't know how it appeared there but I didn't call on the number. And Fido is charging me for false charges.  I am looking for the solution.

3 REPLIES 3

emran1028
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have the situation, its been two months in a row that im getting charged for a long distance to USA. How can this be resolved Fido? I'm a loyal customer for over 20 years.

Hello Emran1028,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges to the US. Have you had a chance to view the detailed billing? You should be able to view the culprit calls in those details. You should be able view those details via your My Account --> View & Manage Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to access those call details by clicking on Usage summary.

Is it possible you were not aware the number you called was a US number? You can view the Canadian area codes here. Unfortunately, if the calls in question are on the system, they were made using your SIM card. If you did not make those calls, you might consider verifying your phone does not have any viruses or malware affecting it. If you have an iPhone, there have also been instances where they have made random calls without their owners knowing (see here).

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoRania

Hey @VIBHUTIPALADIYA

Sorry to hear you feel this way! 

When a Fido customer uses their services, their network connects to the towers. On our end, we will only charge you if there is usage made while using your Fido SIM card. That is the only way we can track a communication to your device. 

If you have any unresolved situations or need assistance with anything at all, you can reach us out through our servicing channels found here.