cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance Over charges

NA111
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I received a bill of 1100 CAD showing international calling over charges. When I spoke to customer service they are saying my 24-month international calling promotion is expired, but I was told this is with the plan there is no expiry. I didn't even get a message or atleast notifcation while calling that "Long distance charges apply". This is really frustating and added stress in this pandemic.

I contacted customer care and they are so adament & mentioned these legal charges must paid.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello NA111,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected long-distance charges. I cannot speak as to what was discussed when you got your plan. However, you should note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. While your plan might not expire, as with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion. Have you checked your earlier bills?

I understand your frustration, however, it has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own usage and monthly bills. While Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance charges they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

I understand this is a difficult time and your situation makes receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers