cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance Call-drop

Jamil8051
I'm a participant level 3

With a heavy heart, I am writing this review! I called Fido multiple times with the same issue that my OUT going long-distance call keeps dropping when the call time period hits 59min to 1hr. More details can be found from this incident/case number: 

I tried to reach tech support of ROGERS to fix the issue. I called them on 24th April 2021 and gave them a sample call drop with all information. They advised me to wait 72 hours for a response. I waited but then I received a text message from FIDO coming from this number +16474489950 on 26th April 2021  saying that they need more information(a fresh recent sample to further find the reason why the call was dropping) regarding the ticket number Cxxxxxxxxx. So I called FIDO support on 28th April 2021 to reach the ROGERS tech support team.  The agent told me to give a fresh sample. I requested the agent to give me 2-3 days for that. Today (1st May 2021) when I again faced the same call drop I called the tech support with the Ticket number Cxxxxxxxxx but found that they already closed the case even before fixing or finding any solution!! So now I requested a new case. However, today(1st May 2021) the tech support agent was asking for 2 fresh samples! I replied that I already gave a fresh call drop sample on 24th April 2021 and today (1st May 2021) I got another sample. That makes it two samples! But the agent did not agree. I was wondering how two agents from the same dept. of ROGERS can ask two different things!
1) The first Tech-support agent whom I talked to on the 28th April as there was a message from FIDO to provide further information for the call drop! for the case with Ticket number: Cxxxxxxxxx told me that they need a fresh sample as they could not fix the issue that was raised on the 24th April 2021.
2) Today (1st of May, 2021) the agent of the same department says that they need now 2 SAMPLES!!

I mean what the ROGERS tech support team actually wants I really don't know! I think they are not willing to resolve them at all. 

So advice to my fellow

FIDO USERS DO NOT USE THE LONG DISTANCE CALLING OPTIONS that FIOD is OFFERING as it's not FIDO who manages this issue!

It's ROGERS who manages this and does not even value your time! I had wasted a lot of time calling them as you can not reach ROGERS TECH SUPPORT line 1-855-381-7835 just because you are a FIDO customer and you have to call FIDO support first to reach which is FRUSTRATING!
ALSO, ROGERS does not care at all if you are a FIDO customer!
I had multiple bad experiences with the ROGERS TECH support team in the past.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jamil8051!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the Community - we would love to help as best we can! Smiley 

What you're describing is definitely an odd situation, does it happen with all long-distance calls or ones to specific numbers or countries?

Tech support really are the best ones to deal with this. We do understand that they want more examples and it's frustrating but these specific examples will really allow them to narrow down the root cause and figure out what exactly is going on. Would you be able to get the second example they requested and reach out to them again?

Jamil8051

Hi! Nick

I have already wasted a lot of time contacting ROGERS TECH Support! I do not want to waste any more time. And yes it happens to all the long-distance calls that I have tried. The call will drop after 1hr time period. It's evident for me and I have already 1 sample from Feb, 1 sample from April 24th and 1 sample from 1st of May. So these three samples clearly mention that it's a wireless problem from ROGERS! and their tech-support is actually not willing to acknowledge my issue! I have already called them twice and had the worst experience ever!!!!!

That's fine if ROGERS don't want to fix my issue! as I am from FIDO! They actually don't care as I am a FIDO customer!

Thanks

Hello Jamil8051,

@Jamil8051 wrote:.. And yes it happens to all the long-distance calls that I have tried. ..

Were all of the long-distance calls made to Canadian phone numbers or were they made to a particular Country? Were they to mobile phones or landlines? I understand you've already contacted technical support and I also understand you are frustrated providing information. However, since this appears to be a unique issue, more information would be required to discern the actual cause. While it may appear that the issue is on the caller's end, it's also possible the issue could be on the recipient's end.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Thanks for getting back to us @Jamil8051!

I 100% get your frustration and where you're coming from however technical support are really the ones best equipped to investigate what's going on. The technical team is Rogers operated but that is because we operate under the Rogers network.

I do suggest you reach out to them again, they'll be able to take a second look at things.