cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late to Cancelling Data Add-On

Victor_
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, I purchased multiple data add-ons during my previous billing cycle and wanted to cancel them before my new billing cycle started (which is today), however I forgot and ended up cancelling them too late. My account still shows that I can use the extra data from my add-ons but I don't need it anymore and do not want to be charged for data that I won't be using. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Victor_

Welcome to the community Smiley

You should be able to remove any data add-on by texting "CANCEL" to 222. Have you had the chance to do so already?

We're also available at these channels if you require further assistance. We'll be happy to go over your account and take a closer look at the situation.

Victor_

I have already cancelled the add-ons, however I'm still able to use the extra data for the rest of my billing cycle. Will I still get charged extra even if I don't go over the data from my actual plan?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks again,

Just to confirm, your billing cycle is from the 29th to the 28th of each month? Also, when did you complete the changes (date and time of SMS confirmation)?

Victor_

Yes, my billing cycle starts on the 29th and ends on the 28th. I cancelled the add-ons via texting 222 on Sunday, March 29 at around 2:40pm EST.

Hey @Victor_

If you've removed your Data Add-on for the end of this cycle, you will see the full add-on charge for the current bill cycle on your next invoice. However, it should no longer be on the bill after that unless you add it back. 

Victor_

Yes I'm aware, but is it not possible to get these add-ons removed so that it doesn't show up on this next bill? I no longer need the extra data.

If you want to remove the data add-on mid-cycle, you'd need to speak with someone at customer support that can access your account to check out the options. You can reach out to us through one of the channels found here

Or we can also send you a PM here from the Community if you'd prefer. Let us know. Smiley

Victor_

I'm fine with doing it over PM from here.