Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last call charges

Gibijohnk2gmail
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Just wondering is there any option to know last call charges on Fido account

i am using Fido roam so would like to know any charges for each of my last calls for avoiding surprises at the end of the month 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gibijohnk2gmail,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand wanting to keep apprised of any additional charges to avoid surprises at month's end. Unfortunately, I don't think real-time usage information is available when roaming. Generally, your home provider would get notified when your device first connects to a foreign network. However, it may take a number of days for any usage details to be forwarded from that foreign network to your home provider.

If your concern is Fido Roam, any usage (make/receive calls, send SMS, or use data) abroad would trigger the roaming charge. You should also note that the data contained within a MMS (sent or received) would be considered data and charged as such. You might consider disabling any MMS auto-retrieve settings.

To prevent unintentional data usage, you might consider enabling any Flight or Airplane modes. Those settings should disable the phone's antennae. You could selectively enable Wifi when required. If your phone is supported for Wifi-calling, you should further note that some Wifi-calling usage is considered roaming.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers