cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LD from Cell to landline to Philippines

Arthuro11
I'm a participant level 2

Is there any extra charges calling long distance to Philippines from cell phone to landline ?

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Arthuro11,

Welcome to the community!

If you get the $5 preferred international rates add-on it will be $0.17min

The standard rate with out the add-on is $1.95min

See here for the different rates.

Arthuro11

Yeah the charges is ok. Is it doesn't matter either I use their landline or cell phone? Thank you. 

@Arthuro11 we will have to get a moderator to clarify this one as I found some conflicting rates.

Philippines rates.jpg

Taken from here.

Hey @Arthuro11!

The rate is $1.95 per minute to call the Philippines. If you have our long distance add-on then it's 17 cents per minute! @Cawtau it's the same rate for both landlines and mobile Smiley 

You can find those rates here

In terms of the page you sent @KAPABLE-K, those rates are for an old option. We'll look into it to ensure that page is retired!

Hello Arthuro11,

Welcome to the community!

Hmm, the Add-On page on Fido.ca does mention: Rates may differ for landline versus mobile terminated calls. Perhaps @FidoSolutions might be able to provide some more information as to whether that statement is applicable to the Philippines.

You should also note that the rates provided are only for the long-distance portion (LD) portion of the call. Long-distance calls are charged LD + airtime. If you have a limited amount of anytime minutes, you will be charged for additional airtime minutes for overage usage.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers