cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping same number

seafarer
I'm a contributor level 1

I have an Ottawa number with Fido on my cellphone. If I move to another city within the province, can i keep the same number. I have the 10GB plan with unlimited calling etc.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey seafarer!

Are you moving far from your current location? 

You can definitely keep your current phone number when you move, however, it's possible that callers, local to your new area, may be charged long distance when trying to reach you. This depends on if your current number is considered long distance from the city you are moving to.

As for your plan, whether you change your number or not, you would be able to keep your plan. Region-based plans are always offered province wide so you don't need to worry about losing your plan if you decide to change your number so long as you are staying in the same province.

Hope this clears things up! 

seafarer

@FidoAmanda wrote:

Hey seafarer!

Are you moving far from your current location? 

You can definitely keep your current phone number when you move, however, it's possible that callers, local to your new area, may be charged long distance when trying to reach you. This depends on if your current number is considered long distance from the city you are moving to.

As for your plan, whether you change your number or not, you would be able to keep your plan. Region-based plans are always offered province wide so you don't need to worry about losing your plan if you decide to change your number so long as you are staying in the same province.

Hope this clears things up! 

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I am moving far but within the province. I will keep the number till I get folks telling me they can’t call me because of LD charges:)

Coolio Very_Happy You're very welcome @seafarer.

If you ever need to change your phone number, you can avoid the charges by doing it online. It's super easy to do, and it's free!