cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itemised Billing: Know exactly what you're paying monthly

Sevenoceans
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am not aware whether someone already raised this topic, and if someone did I apologise for creating a new post.

I guess we are still a decade behind then other providers where we get itemised bill and also we can check updated usage of our phone calls/msgs. 

Itemised Billing

• Know exactly what you're paying monthly for mobile services.
  • Get a detailed breakdown of your monthly expenses and usage 
  • Track dialed numbers, call durations, costs, date and time of calls made or SMSs and MMSs sent so you can optimise spending
  • Get a ready-made report to submit to your company for reimbursement

I think this should be provided by default to every customer if not printed hard copy at least give us the online version of it.

Hope this goes in suggestion box and the company act upon it.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Sevenoceans wrote:

I am not aware whether someone already raised this topic, and if someone did I apologise for creating a new post.

I guess we are still a decade behind then other providers where we get itemised bill and also we can check updated usage of our phone calls/msgs. 

Itemised Billing

• Know exactly what you're paying monthly for mobile services.
  • Get a detailed breakdown of your monthly expenses and usage 
  • Track dialed numbers, call durations, costs, date and time of calls made or SMSs and MMSs sent so you can optimise spending
  • Get a ready-made report to submit to your company for reimbursement

I think this should be provided by default to every customer if not printed hard copy at least give us the online version of it.

Hope this goes in suggestion box and the company act upon it.

Hello Sevenoceans,

Welcome to the forums!

I think most of what you're looking for is already available. It is true, like most companies, Fido has stopped sending hard copies of their bills (or at least started charging for hard copies). But you can download them yourself from your online account. Once you have signed on to your account and have registered for online billing, your bill can be found under 'view online bill'. From there, you can download a PDF version of your bill. In addition, you can also view the information online by clicking 'usage summary'. You can even download a .csv file of dialed numbers you can open in a spreadsheet. I'll admit, it's not a 'ready-made' report, but the information is available.

The one thing that is not available however, is SMS/MMS logging. It will inform you of how many messages sent, but they are not time/date stamped as they are with calls.

If you wish to keep track of your current usage, the Fido My Account app does give up-to-date details about your usage. It doesn't log the dialed numbers, but let you know your usage - voice, data, messaging. The data used by the app does not count against your allotted data. In addition, the new version of the app can also be used via wifi. 

I don't remember if you have to call customer service or if registering for online billing can be done through your online account. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Thanks for the excellent information, Cawtau!

You can subscribe to online billing directly from My Account on Fido.ca under the Payment Information section by clicking the link Register for Online Billing. After this, to complete the registration, you must:

- Provide an e-mail address

- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions

- You will receive and email within a few minutes and you must click the link from the e-mail or copy/paste the link in their internet browser

- Enter your Fido number and postal code

- Click Continue

Once all of this is complete, the View Online billing option will be available at the next log in. You can view step-by-step screen captures of how to activate online billing here

Hope this helps! 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Sevenoceans.

Welcome to the community! 

Thanks for the feedback! I'll make sure that your comments get forwarded to the right people. Smiley