cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding plan matching; completely unsatisfied with Fido's approach

robmihan
I'm a participant level 2

I recently agreed to switch to a plan with Fido that allowed me 11gb (5+ 3 2gb bonuses) for $60 a month with $10 credit for the first 24 months. The agent I spoke with assured me that all of the bonuses were permanent, and that all the other details of my plan would remain the same. I later found out that 1 of the 2gb bonuses would expire in 24 months, and my unlimited Canada-wide calling had been reduced to 500 mins/month.

When I called Fido they gave me a very unsatisfactory answer, basically telling me I was out of luck, and didn't offer to provide anything in the way of making the last 2gb permanent. They claim it isn't an option, which is absolutely silly. I have called the winback team and they have proven to be unhelpful or accommodating, so at this point I am quite resolute on switching to a different provider, even if I end up paying more per month. I really don't appreciate the lack of transparency or honesty that I encounter time after time with Fido.

3 REPLIES 3

bmathew05
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

is the plan byop or tab plan?

robmihan

It is a byop plan

Hey @robmihan

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. 

I understand how this experience didn't meet your expectations and left you unsatisfied, that's not how we want things to go for you! 

We aim to be as transparent as possible and we're sad to see this wasn't the case for you. 

If there was a way for us to offer you this additional bonus permanently we would have been happy to do so. Some of our bonuses are only available for a specific period of time and can't be applied permanently. 

The offer you received is really great though and we'd hate to see you go over a bonus that will expire in 24 months. Who knows what offers we'll have available then!