Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a scam message

Yyy777
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

i got the message saying it was from FIDOSOLUTIONS INC, Open the link it saids below and with 156 etransfer refund. Is it a scam?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This is a message for all concerned customers

Dear subscriber,

You're on this page because you have been overcharged on March 2019. Fido Solutions is extremely sorry for this inconvenience and we issued an immediate refund to all concerned customers.

You will be redirected in a few moments to process the refund.

3 REPLIES 3

Yyy777

It was a phone message I received with a link. The message I copied for you was after i opened a link. The next page was a etransfer reciever’s page. 

Thanks for letting us know! 

In this case, you can send the SMS spam you receive to the number 7726 (SPAM). This will submit the messages to be audited and potentially blocked from the network if confirmed to be spam.

You can do this easily by pressing and holding on the body of the text and then press the forward button. No additional charges apply. 

After this, your best course of action would be to delete the message from your phone.

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Yyy777 ,

Welcome to the Community!

This doesn't look like an official message from us. Is it an email or SMS?

If an email looks like an official Fido/Rogers communication, but is asking for suspicious or confidential information, don’t respond to it. We will never ask for your credit card number, personal information or password by email.

To protect yourself against potential scams:

• Be aware of emails asking for your credit card, account number, or personal information like user names or passwords.
  • Never respond to emails asking you to click on an embedded link to validate or confirm your details.
  • Never respond to scare tactics such as threats that your account will expire if you don't respond, or promises that your computer memory will be increased if you do.

You can also have a look here for info on Scam Text Messages Smiley

I hope this helps!