cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fido and Rogers CRM systems combined?

Natural9
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have never been a customer of Fido until very recently (5 days ago).   Roger yes, Fido no.  When I called in for an issue, apparently I could not even verify properly.  I provided the only information I have ever given Fido, but the agent seemed to be reconciling against a different set of data, which I suspect is from a past Rogers accounts.  I realize Fido and Rogers are under the same umbrella, but is using the exact same system or intermingle data even appropriate or legal?  Irrespective, it is the responsibility of the provider to manage personal information.  I feel this is like a security breach and leak of private data.

Further to my situation, the agent suggested I was not even the primary account holder and refused to proceed with changes.  A few years ago with Rogers, I was the secondary name under my mother's account, so I believe this was the information the agent referenced.

Ultimately, I felt very bewildered and fustrated at the outcome of that conversation.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Natural9

Welcome to the Community Smiley

It's good to know that Fido agents cannot access a Rogers account or vice versa. 

That being said, it seems that the agent was not accessing your Fido account when trying to identify you. We apologize for the confusion and just to confirm, where you able to speak with another agent and access your account since then?

In regard to your main question. your personal information and privacy is important to us and as Rogers is our parent company some details may be shared between both companies. You can find more information on our privacy policy here.

Hope this helps!