cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 833-425-2394 a legit Fido number?

quarfie
I'm a participant level 2

I've been getting calls from this number multiple times per day for several days. It always disconnects immediately when I answer. I finally called back and a recording said they fried to each me on behalf of Fido and offered to remove my number, which I accepted. I don't actually mind getting calls From Fido, but not if you're just going to hang up!

14 REPLIES 14

Pirom
I'm a participant level 1

This just happened to me. Why are you guys still calling and hanging up after the person picks up. It's been a year and this is still happening. Just why?

Hey there @Pirom and welcome to the Community.

You can reach our customer contact center to inquire about why you were reached out. If anything, there'll be a note left in your account if our team did try to reach you with an offer.

Keep in mind that numbers can get spoofed which means it is always possible that we did not call you at all. One thing for sure, never share your personnal information when you are being reached out and make sure you contact the official channels for support.

https://www.fido.ca/contact

Heavyarms

Well I didn't even answer the call as my phone shows it is spam. I think the person will contact you if he or she need to talk to you in real.

Jenlo

I got a call from them too, they were trying to say they are from Fido/rogers and trying to promote  a home internet deal. They had my name and address information. They asked for further confirmation but I didn't do it. I thought it was suspicious so I just said I'm not interested and they hung up on me. I changed my password and everything but I'm worried it's identity theft 

Hey there @Jenlo 

It's great to see that you are cautious! I'm glad to reassure you however that the number that called you was in fact one of ours Smiley

fidofido12

I was checking this number through "askJack" and the representative didn't know about the Rogers Internet deal. They were surprised to hear that a Fido rep is offering Rogers deals. You might want to update your Customer Service Team so they are aware of these initiatives as they were not able to vouch for the legitimacy of these calls. In an age of ID theft and Physhing calls, your reps should have better ways to reassure the client when they call since we're all on high alert and wary of these types of calls so even if we're interested in the deal, we don't want to proceed to avoid giving out our info

Hey @fidofido12, Alex here. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, all of our representatives should definitely be able to confirm if an offer you received is legitimate or not. We're really sorry that you weren't able to confirm this when you contacted us. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you still need help with anything, you can find all of our customer service channels here.

KyleTM

With due respect, WITHOUT the caller identifying themselves, and just hanging up; When I call this number back, it then ONLY informs me that they are Fido (which I CANNOT VERIFY externally), and that I can have my number removed IF I provide it.

THAT SAID, as there are a zillion places where it is an incredibly bad idea to provide my number, WITHOUT having a person to speak to, OR providing any further validating identity information (have you thought of doing this via inBay Technologies?; idQ service), it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, not only because I have worked in identity provisioning, but also because I KNOW the risks and threats associated to providing identifying information to third parties.

I seriously advise you to provide an additional capacity to identify yourselves.

Hey @KyleTM !

Thank you for the feedback, we definitely understand where you're coming from and will be sharing your comments to the appropriate department. 

If you are unsure if the call does come from Fido, don't hesitate to contact us through one of our customer service channels so we can look into it. Smiley

fidofido12

your link to customer service doesn't work

KyleTM

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CALL YOU AGAIN!

Get it right the first time BY informing the callee of your identity in the first place.

I used to work for an authentication company, and this rubs me the wrong way, is disrespectful AND can be potentially dangerous, as important messages from a service provider can be missed if not reviewed.

Jkmcguire28

So, you are admitting that you use SPAM callers? The issue is that your people are calling us and then hanging up as soon as we answer. I think we are expecting a little more than "Yup, it is us ..."

Singh-SA

yeah same here. Literally got another call right now as I'm writing this. I just blocked the number, so annoying. If you answer, they hang up right away. Even the voicemail left behind is silent before it hangs up.

we really need a better system for spam call management

dereklloyd

Same here.  Five calls over the last 24 hours, the times that I've picked up I was hung up on.  No message left.  I've now just blocked the number.