cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interac throwing an error when "One time refill"ing - prepaid balance unchanged, but money taken

Drinix
I'm a participant level 2

I tryed to use the online website to "One time refill" my prepaid account ... but I got the following error after entering my banking details ...

FidoError.png

While verifying my balance of my checking account, I can say that I am 100% sure that my checking account was charged while my prepaid balance amount was not updated :

ScotiaBank.png

I had to run to a gas station to buy a 20$ coupon ...

How do I get my money back ?

*** Edited to add labels*** 

11 REPLIES 11

Powerhoho6
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

ivoronov

This situation happens to me regularly - I need to make 3-4 attempts using different browsers and computers.

Yes, money were going back to account but I need payments done, not rejected!

YOU SHOULD FIX IT - it is on Fido side!

kinhaehf

The same problem happened to me while trying to refill my prepaid account via interac.

$-17.25 was taken out of my bank account but when I was redirected to the Fido screen I got an error message and my balance still shows $0 and expiring on Sep 15, 2018.

Called 611 and the recording says $0 balance as well.

What should I do? Please help.

Thank you.

Hey @kinhaehf!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll be happy to provide help with that! To that end, I've moved your post to this thread for you.

Have you checked your statement to see if the payment was reversed?

Let us know.

jcoles
I'm a contributor level 1

I just had the same problem here. To ensure renewal (prepaid) in time, I paid by credit card. Obviously I don't want to pay twice.

Perhaps a mod can tell us whether this Interac error is due to me attempting the payment on a holiday weekend. I made the payment May 20, but the bank shows the transaction as May 22. Is that why the Fido system throws an error?

I'm glad to see people have received a refund when this has happened before. I'll watch for the refund. Will I have to wait until after the long weekend? I don't appreciate the uncertainty such a malfunction causes. 

Hey @jcoles,

I wouldn't be able to tell you what exactly caused this situation in your case. It is true that being on a long weekend the banking operations are on hold until Tuesday. Maybe your payment is "future dated" and will be effective on the 22nd!

I'd personally recommend to contact your banking institution, it's possible that they are able to reverse it. You've already payed with the credit card, no need to pay twice Happy

Hope this helps!

jcoles

Within an hour, the transaction was reversed with a Correction transaction returning the money to my account.

Ah sweet! That's great news, thanks for letting us know @jcoles  Smiley

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Drinix

Did you get a chance to double-check on your banking site if this amount was automatically refunded?

Let us know.

Drinix

Yey ... indeed, I just checked my checking account and I can confirm that I did get a "Correction" transaction which refunded the amount ...

Correction.PNG

Thank you, FidoPierre !

@Drinix

Awesome! I'm always happy to help. Smiley