cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interac payments througgh fido.ca not working but money gone form bank

bandit1980
I'm a participant level 2

Twice I tried to pay my Fido bill through Interac via the website. Twice I was told the payment failed.

I just checked my bank account and the two payments have gone from my account but my Fido bill is still showing as unpaid.

11 REPLIES 11

Cherrycherry

This is happening to me too. I have paid this way for over 2 years with no problems until last month. 

My payments are now late. 

Why is this not working anymore? Is it to make people set up automatic payments?

Super annoyed. Sad

Hey @Cherrycherry

I can definitively understand that it's not the ideal situation. 

There are quite a few other methods of payment that can be used to pay off the bill. 

I can assure you that putting your account on Pre-Authorize payments always remains at your discretion. 

Hope it helps! 

Cherrycherry

I know there is other options.

I want to pay the way I've been paying for the past  2 years to work. 

I called my bank multiple times and they say that Fido is blocking my payments. 

I call Fido and they say that they aren't. 

Why? 

Now I have to waste my day again and wait for my floating money to be put back into my account again before I can try and pay AGAIN. 

We can definitely understand how this may be an inconvenience. Have you tried to clear your cache and cookies? This can help prevent issues. 

Keep us posted!

Mushroomwhopper
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi.

I have been paying montly payment through the Interac for a year without any problem, but something had happened today.

I had payed 56 dollars for my phone bill today but as I had finished my transaction, system had shown the message thtat, "Sorry, we couldn't proess your Interac payment. Try another payment method or contact us." 

Just to be sure, I checked my bank account but 56 dollars has been already withdrawn from my chequing account...

What do I do? Is there a way to reverse my payment? Please help me Sad

Hey @Mushroomwhopper

I've moved your post to this thread as some of our customers were experiencing the same situation. 

Hope it helps! 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bandit1980

Are the failed payments still showing? 

We're here if you still need help with that Smiley 

bandit1980

Hi Pamela,

I was refunded the failed payments but I couldn't get the Interac payment to work. I ended up paying on my credit card. I have set up a direct debit on my account so hopefully that works automically from the next bill onwards.

In an unrel,ated matter, and just a point of mention, I always have trouble signing into the website suing the Firefox browser. i usually end up having to use Edge to sign in. There seems to be a compatibility issue with the website and Firefox browser.

Thanks,

Keith

Hey @bandit1980,

Thanks for keeping us posted! 

Since you're now registered to pre-authorized payments from your chequing account, payments should go through without an issue.

As for your online account, what happens exactly when you try to log in on Firefox? Do you get any error messages?

Hey @bandit1980!

Is your login on Firefox working now? If not, can you give us some more details as to what happens?

Let us know Wink 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bandit1980!

Don't worry! When making a payment using INTERAC Online, if your payment fails, the amount that was set aside to be applied towards your bill payment is refunded to your account within 24 to 48 hours of the failed transaction. 

If your payment was successful, it would have been applied to your account immediately.

That said, have you checked with your bank to make sure there is nothing preventing you from making your payment through INTERAC Online?

If you continue to experience difficulty using INTERAC Online, it may be a good idea to try making your payment using a different method of payment. You can check out this page in our Library for info on all the ways that you can pay your bill.