cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interac payment method not working

kelvinkkl
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I had been paying my phone bill with interac BMO and had no problem until this month. When I put my bank account information in the BMO interac page but after clicking the confirm&pay button, the page does not redirect back to the fido's website.I have been trying to pay for my bill in the last couple of days and seems like the problem is not resolved. Does anyone know how to fix this or this is a known issue that Fido is still working on it? 

10 REPLIES 10

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kelvinkkl

Are you going through fido.ca or your online banking? 

Mikeej8
I'm a contributor level 2

When using Interac  on Fidos site,was working like for months,a year...course you would click on it and it brings you to a grouping of banks to choose...but I never get that far when clicking on your site Fidos...it just says error...on your site...

Hey @Mikeej8

Have you tried to clear cache & cookies in your browser's settings to see it that'll help?

Keep us posted!

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Keep in mind that when it comes to payment systems (especially interact payment system), a virtual handhake has to happen between the host (Fido) and the bank (in your case BMO). Sometimes the virtual handshake fails and you get an error message thinking it is from Fido when in fact it might be issues with your bank. The cause for failure could be due to something silly like the time and date setting on the bank computer is off by a minute. There are many checks and balances to make sure the transaction is secure before the transaction will more forward (hence a handshake).

On a side note: I would avoid using interact or debit cards to pay for services online. A credit card is a more preferred method in my mind. Of course, your needs are different.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @Mikeej8!

Would you be able to describe step by step your payment process and where the error occurs?

1. What happens when you choose Pay with Interac® Online > PAY ON THE INTERAC SITE, does the page load? Clearing your cache and cookies and/or trying a different browser should fix that.
  2. When you select your bank, does it properly redirect you to your bank's website or not?
  3. Payments done by selecting : Pay with Interac® Online or Pay with credit card, Visa Debit or Debit Mastercard should not be delayed for 10 days. As mentioned here, payments done with these 2 methods are immediate. Payments done on your online banking though will be delayed 3 to 5 business days.

That being said, if you select Pay through your bank to apply a payment it will be delayed.

Let us know so we can look into it further Smiley

Mikeej8

Hi there....Im getting the same stuff with my BMO Interac...for the last 3 months I have tried to pay with Interac...it used too work...so today on the right...in the payment ways..and no I dont want too use my credit card...I click on the orange bar to pay with Interac....error...sooooooo,I look below that and it asks if my Debit card has the Interac sign plus Mastercard logo...why yes it does...voila...it works...I think...I go to my BMO online...its not out...what is now a 10 hold on those funds to Fido...unreal damnit....its a debit card...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when the Interac was working it would come out straight away..boom,just like when your in a store...so now I have to trek to the bank to see whats going on...I did 5 Interac transactions at the mall..they all came out and worked...all but Fidos Interac...what the hell is going on...other than that Im going mental and have no problems with my service on my phone...love it....its the Interac thingie.....help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Puzzled

Hey @Mikeej8

Sorry to hear about all that. If you clear your cache and cookies on your Internet Browser and give it another try from the start, do you get the same situation?

With another Browser too?

And you are correct, you should be able to make a payment this way Smiley

Mikeej8

Puzzled Yes I have...nothing changes in any different browser...this is not the first time I have read many problems with your Interac...3 different browsers do nothing...but waste a few hours of my time...it used too work...this is a problem I fear is your software on your end...get it fixed...please!

Thanks for confirming @Mikeej8

Just to confirm, have you also tried to use the credit card option by using your Mastercard Debit information? 

For Visa/Mastercard Debit, you can use the information that's on your card to complete a payment as though it was a credit card by using your debit card. You can use that instead of the Interac option. 

Have you tried that? 

Mikeej8

Yes...thats what I did...but I'm not happy 😊 that you do not get your money within 2 days at most with Interac...instaf of the second option like you said it sits on hold funds for 10 days...why have the Interac option if it's not working? It's still on your end to fix that with Interac...end of story...thanks..☹