cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane Overcharge

Ocambeach
I'm a participant level 2

I came to philippines dec 5th...never used any canadian data...had to turn on data at times mostly for just a few minutes...yet was charged 182.bucks...i am stranded and last bill was 276.64 in charges...i assumed if you only used a few minutes of data that is all i would be charged....not 15 bucks for few minutes use...500bucks si ce i been here ...used zero canadian data and just a few calls to my ill father....this is unacceptable...please cancel my account...i am stranded and will have to use food mo ey to make fido rich..rrrrr

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Ocambeach! Philippe here. I hope you're feeling well. Smiley

I can certainly understand your frustration there! Nobody likes to receive an unexpectedly high invoice. That said, we'd have to take a look at your account to see what happened to assist you. You can contact us here for that (we have an international phone number) or you can request a PM from the community.

Ocambeach

I finally got through to a fido customer represenative and they would do ZERO to the bill and said they would continue to bill me 14 dollars a day .i had no choice but to immediately cancel my account ..i think by time i get my last bill it will be over 600 dollars with zero canadian data use and maybe 1 to 2 hours total international use...this is customer abuse ...especially.considering i am stranded out of country with zero income...i will have to use food money to pay the bill

Hey @Ocambeach,

I can definitely understand the strain a high invoice can cause.

That said, based on what you've told us thus far, usage did take place while roaming, which would explain the charges. It's also important to note that we do send you an SMS with the roaming rates applicable should you want to use the phone while roaming.

If ever you didn't get the text, or aren't sure what the rates are, we always suggest to get in touch with us so you know exactly how much it is before using the features. 

We're ultimately sad this ended in you cancelling your account.