cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry

Vhel
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I am just wondering. I already paid off my tab balance for my phone , now my question  is why am I still getting the same bill amount even after finishing 2 years payment for the phone? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vhel,

Welcome to the community!

If your contract has ended, it's likely you have a subsidised plan. Unlike the Tab model, with the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). It is not possible to merely remove the device cost from those plans. Your monthly billing will not automatically be reduced once you have paid the balance of the phone. You would have had to switch to a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) plan to remove the subsidy. However, you should note that the details of the new plans may not be the same as your current plan.

You should also note that Fido has recently switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. Once the payments have competed with the new program, your only remaining monthly costs would be for services.

However, if you did not switch plans, you will not automatically get a new cellphone. In order to finance another device, you would also need to switch to a new plan as the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model.

If you would like to switch to a plan with the new financing model, you might need to contact customer service. I'm not sure if the system will process the switch properly. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers