Incorrect SIM error

Incorrect SIM error

Incorrect SIM error

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

Incorrect SIM error

I aded a new line, (monthly plan), to my Fido account and received the new SIM. It is going into my wife's Huawei P20 which was on a Rogers plan and we are porting the number. The only instructions included with the new SIM say "Activate at fido.ca/simcard . The closest option on that page seems to be update SIM card. I login to my account and choose my new line with the temporary number and try to update my SIM. I put the old Rogers SIM number as the old SIM and my new Fido SIM as the new one. I get the error msg "Incorrect SIM! Sorry that is not the SIM number associated with your phone number. Please try again". I have checked and tried multiple times. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Do I even need to to update my SIM?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrect SIM error

Solved by Moderator

Hey @HappyM

We're happy you activated a new line with us. When you receive the SIM card, it's already activated so you just need to contact us to ask for the phone number to be ported over.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for your help. Porting my old number over was easy once I got to talk to someone in technical support and I am live on the ported number within 20 minutes of calling them. I just found it hard to find the info I needed, even the customer support phone number, on the website. Appreciate your help.

Hey @HappyM

We're happy you activated a new line with us. When you receive the SIM card, it's already activated so you just need to contact us to ask for the phone number to be ported over.