cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SIM error

HappyM
I'm a participant level 2

I aded a new line, (monthly plan), to my Fido account and received the new SIM. It is going into my wife's Huawei P20 which was on a Rogers plan and we are porting the number. The only instructions included with the new SIM say "Activate at fido.ca/simcard . The closest option on that page seems to be update SIM card. I login to my account and choose my new line with the temporary number and try to update my SIM. I put the old Rogers SIM number as the old SIM and my new Fido SIM as the new one. I get the error msg "Incorrect SIM! Sorry that is not the SIM number associated with your phone number. Please try again". I have checked and tried multiple times. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Do I even need to to update my SIM?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

HappyM

Thanks for your help. Porting my old number over was easy once I got to talk to someone in technical support and I am live on the ported number within 20 minutes of calling them. I just found it hard to find the info I needed, even the customer support phone number, on the website. Appreciate your help.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @HappyM

We're happy you activated a new line with us. When you receive the SIM card, it's already activated so you just need to contact us to ask for the phone number to be ported over.