cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing

MeenaV
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had very frustrated and disappointed call with Fido today. I am using Fido services almost for 4-5 years and I am surprised that company does not offer any loyality to its customer. I called Fido around Jan 9 to change my plan and representative offer me monthly plan along with 1000 min for international call. After couple of weeks, I called again fido to reconfirm about my plan. The representative advised me that my plan information will be updated on my next billing cycle and I will be able to see online as well. Today, I am shocked to see my bill of $157 for internaltional calling. Today rep advised me that there are not notes for activation of 1000 min. Here is my few questions about thses charges:

1. How someone can use international calling service ferquently when it was not activated with any plan. Please review my history calling how many times i called internationally when I knew that I do not have plan to call internationally

2. I suggest to review our previous billing and payment, there was not any issue. There was not any issue

3. How can your customer determine that Fido rep added all of his/her notes in client's file. 

I got incorrect bill and request Fido to change/correct my bill. I am not responsible of mistake made by Fido Rep. I am suggesting Fido must revisit my plan's initial conversation with Rep where she had offered me new plan. I had conversation with her almost 40-45min.

I hope this will sort it out soon

Thanks

Meena 

3 REPLIES 3

Gabrielalvarado
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm qn international student and Im outside of Canada right now. When I left Canada I turned off my sim and I havent made any call since I've been outside of Canada. I was going to make my monthly paymet and fido is charging me 120 DOLLARS for long-distance. I feel that fido is trying to scam me and i dont like this. I've been tryng to contact someone for hours and it's impossible. PLEASE HELP!

Hey @Gabrielalvarado,

Welcome to our Community! 

I'm sad to read you received an invoice you weren't expecting, this is never a pleasant experience. 

I would just like to clarify that long distance charges apply for calls that are made while in Canada to international numbers, meaning that the usage you were charged for happened before you went outside of Canada and turned off your SIM. 

Please download your PDF bill and go to pages 3 and forward to see what location you called and all the details of the charges. 

If you still have questions afterwards, don't hesitate to contact us through one of these channels for further clarification. 

Cheers! 

FidoAnthony

Hey @MeenaV,

Welcome to the Community! 

That is definitely not the kind of service we'd want to offer our customers and I can assure you that we'd be happy to look into it as well and see if we can turn your experience around. In cases like these, we would need to access your account to take a closer look at the details on file. With that said, I will be sending you a PM via the community.

We hope to talk to you soon! 😃