Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Postpaid to Prepaid cost

gnmgrace
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I have an old phone number that was postpaid - it has been inactive for over 3 years. Is it possible to switch that phone number to a prepaid plan? If so, what would be the cost?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @gnmgrace

It can only migrated from a postpaid account to a prepaid account if it is still active on our end. 

Can you clarify if the number has been cancelled or if you're still being billed for it on a monthly invoice and simply not using it? 

gnmgrace

So the number hasn't been used in a long time. I haven't been billed for years. When I called the number, just to be sure that it was not in use - it said that the number was not in service. 

All I want is to use that specific number on a prepaid line.

Thank you for clarifying @gnmgrace

If the phone number is cancelled it will not be possible to access it to transfer it to a prepaid line. 

You would have to pick a new number on a new SIM card to use on the prepaid account. You can set-up an order for this directly on Fido.ca here, or by contacting our customer support team through one of our options on our contact us page

We can also help you with this from here on the community, let me know and I'll send you a PM. Smiley 

gnmgrace

Ok, so when I get a new sim card and set up the prepaid line - will I be able to get back that former phone number then? 

Phone number availabilities can change quite quickly. If it's been over 3 years, there's is a very good chance this number has been assigned to a different customer and may not be available. 

We'll definitely be able to look at what phone numbers are available at the time of your activation though.