cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged $44 for LD while I have 1000 minutes free.

gururaj1986
I'm a participant level 2

The sales rep clearly mentioned that there are no restrictions in terms of which country I can call. Now I'm being charged for international calls? This is misrepresentation of facts just to make customers pay. I would have used Whatsapp call if I was clearly made aware of this hidden country list?

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Gururaj1986,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you were provided with inaccurate information. As stated already, the 1000 International minutes are only to certain Countries. You can verify those Countries here.

I would contact the manager of the store so they may verify their sales representatives are providing the proper information to their customers. If they are aware of the issue, they may be able to reimburse you for those calls.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @gururaj1986,

Welcome to the community!

If the agent told you that there is no restrictions in terms of which country you can call then that is not true. 

In fact these are the countries that you are able to call with the minutes.

Australia
Bangladesh
China (including Macau)
Germany
Hong Kong
India
Italy
Mexico
Taiwan
United Kingdom

If the rep that told you this was over the phone then Fido can listen to that call and if in fact the rep did say that to you they should credit you back the money and going forward you should be told the countries that qualify.

gururaj1986

I went to a shop, so there is no way I could have recorded this. Also, I called up the FIDO customer service. They tell me that I need to go the store again. I did go, but the person is not in the store anymore. What am I supposed to do?

@gururaj1986 speak to the manager and if he/she can't do anything about it then I would suggest you submit this experience to Fido here.

I would also recommend you call the store before going over to make sure the manager is there.