cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to sue fido

Mahiii00
I'm a participant level 3

I want to sue Fido for false charges on my bills and stealing my money , anyone knows where is the headquarter??? I wrote thousands of reviews for them but I want to sue them now !!! They are thieves and has stolen my money!!!! 

12 REPLIES 12

Tronca
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Yes you have the right. I saw on Wikipedia that their headquarter is Place Bonaventure, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

For example, If you didn't sign up for the service of Minute/calls outside of a country, then that function shouldn't be connected at all, they shouldn't lure you to use a funcion you never signed up for in the first place and charge you. That part do not have your consent on it. (Just like a credit card company can't force you to have a credit card).

@Mahiii00 It's definitely not your fault. If Fido is using partner carriers, then it is Fido's responsibility to keep their partner carrier in good behaviour, if their partner carrier made mistakes, Fido is the one responsible for making sure their partner are checked. Because there is no direct link between you and Fido's partner, Fido is the bridge inbetween whch means that comes with responsibility. There is agreement between you and Fido, then agreement between Fido and their partner carrier (there is no agreement between you and Fido's partner carrier whatsoever). so if Fido's partner carrier made any mistake, it's not on you, but on Fido.

@Mahiii00 @Wcornish There is also group law suit, also called Class act. A group of consumers join collectly to sue for unethical charges. 

It's very disrespectful and dishonouring the way their community managers responded to you, instead support you, they basically attacked you, instead of understanding the issue for real, they just make lot of false assumptions and jump to conclusion as if their false assumptions are true. They didn't even investigate, just jump into false assumption and turn on their hostile defense system.

(and for people holds a job at Fido) Before a person become the community mangers at a company(Fido), the person is a human first. Being a human being is a primary identity, and being a community manger is secondary. Doing a job for a company(Fido) doesn't mean there is a need to drop the primary identity of being a human, doesn't mean need to drop the good qualities of empathy, understanding, reasonable, support, as a human. Do not let a bad organized company(Fido) turn you into a mean, unreasonble human, that is not what you come here on earth to do. Honour the truth, if you don't know the truth that's totally ok because you were not there, then investigage instead of jumping into false assumptions. No one is gonna blame you if you don't know what truly happened with a customer's experience, the customers are just here to share their experience, they are not here to personally attack anyone works for Fido. And there is no need to take a customer's feedback so personally, understand that they are not complaining about you personally, they are complaining about Fido, you are not Fido, you are a human who is simply having a job at Fido, there is a difference. Be a human. Hornor your own truth within. Allow yourself to be a kind loveing authentic being.

Fido has been harrassing me by emails phone calls! Stop it! Have respect! Be a human! Have the least amount of humanity!

Wcornish
I'm a participant level 2

Where can I access information on this group lawsuit? 

Wcornish

Fido moved me over to Rogers and has been billing me repeatedly since February. I have called over 10 times, had them "correct this" and they've now sent me ANOTHER bill for $59.01. I am NOT even a customer. At this point it is constituing harassment. Who can I contact about suing Fido for this? It is repeated and I will end up in collections if I refuse to pay for a bill for a service I don't even have. 

Mahiii00

Sorry but this is so offensive!! You are saying that I don't understand the difference between calling directly and calling through internet base apps !! a 5 years old kid also knows that shouldn't call directly internationally!! If I have done it , I wouldn't spend so much of my precious time to explain a simple thing thousand times to different agents and now you !! this is why I am so disappointed and angry from Fido!!! instead of apologizing and give me back my money that has been taken falsely , you just trying to turn the topic around in another direction and convince me by that this is a complicated thing that I can't understand and the charges were right !!!  this is not the way to keep your customers satisfied!!! 

Hello again,

No, I am not saying that you don't understand the difference between calling directly and calling through internet-based apps. You are making the calls through WhatsApp, but the app is switching the calls to mobile minutes.

You are free to believe what you want. However, there is ample evidence to suggest that WhatsApp has been switching calls to mobile minutes if it deems the internet connection insufficient.

Cheers

Mahiii00

Still not acceptable because I didn't asked for more signals from mobile minute or airtime when I am connected to wifi and turn of my cellular data it means I just want to use wifi nothing else .

it's Fido's mistake not mine but I payed for it!!!

Thousands of people are using the same method of me calling outside canada and Rogers is not charging them!

5 more people at our house no one never got extra charges !!!

it doesn't make sense! How come when I was out of data I couldn't call and there were no airtime letting me call and then ask me to pay !?

So I have every right to not accept it !

No one asked for more signals and as far as I know what's app just uses wifi data or cellular data!!

So stop this at once and I don't want to see more charges on my bill ! Also I mean it , I expect Fido to refund that money because no one asked for it and no one told me when I was purchasing the sim card!!

I don't need airtime to help the signal I get from wifi and  I don't want to pay more 6 dollars to have international calls !

Explain to people at first!
 Do not waste their money and time and then stop charging them !! 

this is so unfair and not acceptable!!

Hello again,

@Mahiii00 wrote:

...it's Fido's mistake not mine but I payed for it!!!.....

You seem to have missed the part where it's happened with multiple different providers. Not only has it happened with different providers, those ones mentioned the links provided were from the US --  T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T. Their inclusion was intentional. So, it's not even a Canadian provider issue.

The same issue is happening over multiple providers with one commonality -- WhatsApp. Your claim of it being Fido's mistake seems less likely if it's been happening across Countries. Are all providers making the same mistake??? As also mentioned, phone companies cannot divert calls from within apps to cellular calls. If WhatsApp directed the call as data, the mobile providers would not even have known you were making calls. The app chose to make the call using cellular minutes.

@Mahiii00 wrote:

...as far as I know what's app just uses wifi data or cellular data!!...

I understand many people believe that is the case. In fact, that is what WhatsApp advertises. However, you have been provided with multiple sources suggesting WhatsApp will switch to mobile minutes if it deems the internet connection to be insufficient. That is an issue with the app, not the mobile providers. One source goes as far as stating it is a well known WhatsApp bug.

@Mahiii00 wrote:

...So I have every right to not accept it !

Unfortunately, that is not necessarily the case. The calls were logged on the system as long-distance calls. Customers are responsible for any and all usage made on their SIM -- even if that usage was not intended.

@Mahiii00 wrote:

... Explain to people at first!...

The mobile providers only know usage. They have no control over what apps customers choose to use on their devices. In addition, they have no control over how a particular app chooses to use data or mobile minutes. They cannot possibly be expected to offer explanations of how apps work.

As mentioned, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss those charges, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Mahiii00

Thank you for your response. But unfortunately my wifi is working fine! if you mean somehow the app switched from wifi net to cellular data, even though with cellular data the charge should be on the usage of data not listed under direct international call! I'm sure that even if you haven't used what's app , Imo , facetime or Skype ever , you should be at least familiar with apps like instagram tick tock or snap chat , these are internet data based apps which works only and only when you're connected through wifi or cellular data . Do you think they still would work and you can connect to them when your cellular data is off? Or When you're not connected to wifi ??

Sorry but your explanation is not scientific! You either are calling directly through the keypad on your phone and ring ring or you're using your cellular data or wifi which we are paying for both every month a fixed amount. Simply turn off your cellular data or disconnect your phone or laptop from wifi and open an app , please do let me know if you were able to connect! 

Hello again,

@Mahiii00 wrote:

....if you mean somehow the app switched from wifi net to cellular data, even though with cellular data the charge should be on the usage of data not listed under direct international call!...

No, I am not referring switching to cellular data.

@Cawtau  wrote

...it appears as though the app will automatically switch to using mobile airtime minutes (within the app) if it deems the internet connection is insufficient for voice calls...

I understand you might not believe there is any merit to what I have noted. However, the available evidence suggests WhatsApp is directing the calls as cellular minutes if it deems the connection insufficient. Have you had a chance to view any of those links provided in my other post? Have you viewed the image posted in that reply? Voice network; not cellular data. Hence, the long-distance charges for the calls.

**edit** I understand you might think your Wifi connection is working fine. However, if WhatsApp did switch to using mobile airtime minutes, the app did not deem it to be sufficient.**

Cheers

FidoAnthonyZ
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Mahiii00,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're being charged for services you don't believe are valid.

We'll be more than happy to look into it with you.

Sending you a PM here so we can get started! 

Mahiii00

Hi Anthony, 

yes, unfortunately there were too many false charges on my bills from March to November 2023 ,  Investigators for my case made mistake and they closed the case under calling internationally instead of using internet data base apps that everyone is using for years to call instead of calling directly. Even though I wasn't connected to cellular data and I was using my home wifi which is from another company Bell even though I don't have signal in my house which is a basement! 

Hello Mahiii00,

I replied to your other post here. Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected charges. Unfortunately, I don't think they would be false charges. I understand you may have been using your home Wifi. However, as explained in my other reply, the issue appears to be related to the app and the quality of your Wifi.

If WhatsApp had diverted those calls to the mobile minutes because the internet connection was not sufficient, those calls would actually have been made and incur long-distance charges. Have you had a chance to view the details of your bill? You can do so via your My Account --> View & Manage bill. From your Bill overview, you can View and/or Save a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should be able to view additional charges online through the Usage summary. The calls associated with those charges should be listed in your detailed billing.

Unfortunately, if the calls are on the system, the charges would be valid.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers