Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to make formal complaint to the Ombudsman

Vanig
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,
I need to make formal complaint to the ombudsman office urgently. I read some of the posts in the Fido community and noticed that the office of the president can solve the issues before reaching out the ombudsman office.

As such, I need direct contact information of the office of the president, phone # email. And also ombudsman's contact information.

This is about breech of contract and it is ongoing for almost 2 months with reluctant customer service to solve the issue.

I have a loyalty account for almost 6 years with Fido and I was very happy customer until I added 2 lines and Fido now breeching the contract,

5 REPLIES 5

aishwarya_ravi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was with FIDO home internet user for exactly 2 years and my mother had been for the previous 3 years. I called and cancelled on11-Jan and was told how to return the Router with cable using Canada Post and a custom self generated return label. I followed the instruction promptly within 72 hours and have evidence that it got delivered to Rogers. However after 2 months to my horror, instead of refunding $27.56 as per the last bill, I was charged $247.15 to my credit card. 

When I reached the agent after a 1:11 minute wait she told me that I had not returned the router and that I should provide the Tracking number and that they would search the warehouse using mac address/serial number.

aishwarya_ravi_0-1711501060704.png

I luckily obtained and shared with the call centre agent the tracking id which she was able to doubly confirm as well. 

It has been 4 days hence and the chargers are not reversed.

It takes less than 1 minute to search a database and less than that to search on the live network if it is already deployed / repurposed to another customer..

Do they expect me to perform their warehouse search too ? 

My next stop is CRTC.

Shams1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi do you know I can make a formal complaint to fido . As I am getting spam calls daily and I live in Ontario but my voicemail number is from Alberta.  Idk where or whom to contact. Concerned about my calls and privacy of my calls. As it seems my calls transferring to somewhere else . 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Vanig,

You should note that you will only be referred to the Office of President or Ombudsman once the proper escalation process had already been exhausted (see here). You might also refer here for steps to Resolve a Concern.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Vanig

Hello Cawtau,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have gone through the escalation steps. I have chatted multiple multiple times and the last agent advised that the managers will not honor the contract as they can't. 

As such, once again I request to be connected with the office of the president or the ombudsman. I would like to solve the issue within Fido as I still consider myself a happy customer,. I preserve my right to contact CRTC.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Vanig

Hello again,

I can appreciate that you have already contacted customer service. However, you would have to re-contact them to escalate your issue further. This is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer service. The forum is intended as an area for peer-to-peer assistance and information. Specific issues regarding your account would need to be dealt with via customer service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers