cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a record or my text conversation

Mastermasoneman
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi I need to recover a record of my text messages, from 3 different people to protect myself in the event something terrible happens. I do not have a lawyer. I am trying to protect myself, possibly representing myself and need to be able to corroborate facts. How can I request my info? How much does it cost? How long does it take to receive after request? How do I request it properly.  How long can I go back in history as I need 3 yes of contract msg.  

E

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mastermasoneman,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're in the situation you find yourself in. Unfortunately, the mobile providers do not keep a record of text messages. When text messages are sent, they are only on the servers until they are delivered to the recipients. In the event the text messages are undeliverable, they are automatically deleted from the servers after a specific period of time. The only record of those correspondances would be on yours and your recipients' devices. If you had not created a back-up of your text messages and you have since deleted them from your device, there is would not be any way to retrieve those messages.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers