cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am shock with my overage bill!!!!!!

fleeivy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Today my data was locked, so I went to My Fido Account and saw a surprise overage bill of $520. I was shock!!!!!!! I know I am under's Fidos Data Overage Protection, my data will be paused when it go over my monthly limit. Or, there is a note under overage bill saying Fido will pause the data access when the overage bill reachs $50. I was really shock!!!!! Why my data access didn't pause when I reach the monthly data limit, or when the overage bill reaches $50...... Now I am shock with this $520 bill.....and don't know what to do with it.........

Ivy Lee

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fleeivy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you received that awful surprise on your bill.

@fleeivy wrote:..there is a note under overage bill saying Fido will pause the data access when the overage bill reachs $50. ..

When did you get your plan? That note does not sound like the plan has Data Overage Protection. You can view some additional information regarding that feature here.

With Data Overage Protection, your data should have paused and you would have needed to purchase more data before you could use it.

Had you received any notification of that your data overage reached $50?

Have you had a chance to view the details of your bill to see what the extra charges were for? If your plan does indeed have Data Overage Protection, those charges could be for something else. You can view your bill details via My Account --> Billings & Payments --> View Bill.

If you would like to go over your billing details, you might consider contacting customer service so they can access your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. They should also be able to verify whether your plan has Data Overage Protection.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers