cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block all calls in one Sim

ZeroUrashima514
I'm a participant level 3

I am using a Dual sim phone and have one sim dedicated to Data.

That Sim card was originally a phone line and has a number associated to it and every once in a while, I get phone calls from unknown numbers for it. I simply want to block all incoming calls that comes from that Sim card. Honestly, paying a fee every time I make a mistake and take the call instead of closing is plainly dumb, I don't even know why Fido gives me the option to take in calls except to trap me and make me pay fees for a Sim Card that is for Data plan.

Is there a way to get rid of the number or to block all calls on it?
I am using the 2 years plan for 3gbs Data plan and I don't know if that affects anything.

I think I was told that I can't get rid of the number or something because I didn't had credit on the sim or whatever.

7 REPLIES 7

ZeroUrashima514

>I think I was told that I can't get rid of the number or something because I didn't had credit on the sim or whatever.

Typo:

because I had credit on the sim or whatever.

Couldn't find the Edit for some reasons, it was there earlier...

Hey ZeroUrashima514! 

You definitely have a couple options here and changing your phone number is one of them. Your contract would not be affected by a change of phone number, and, if you were to change your number online through My Account, it would be free of charge. 

Blocking incoming calls on your line is also an option available, however, that will also block incoming text messages. If that's what you decide to do, it will have to be completed with the help of a customer service rep. You can find all the ways to reach one here, or, we can send you a PM here instead if that's what you prefer. 

Let us know! 

makon888
I'm a participant level 2

Hi 

I would also like to block all calls on my data sim.

I couldn't find the option to do so in my account.

Please advise if I can get this done. I've been receiving an increase in spam calls.

Thanks

Linda

Hello @makon888

You can do so by asking customer service to add a block on your data-only line. You can find us here or alternatively we can send you a PM thourgh the Community. 

Cheers! 

makon888

Thanks could you PM me?

ZeroUrashima514

I'll block everything.

Please send me a PM

Hi! This is Kija. Smiley 

I've just sent you the PM so we can take a look at this together. See you there!