cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add GPS tracker watches to my plan

RasFam
I'm a participant level 1

I have 2 GPS tracker watches for my children.  Both need SIM cards to work and are capable of 2 way calls to both mine and my husband's cell phones.  These watches are mainly used for safety and on the rare occasion to check in with us/our children.  Is there a low rate plan that we can recieve to activate these watches and not be paying huge amounts each month.  There is no text or data option on the watch.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

isananik

Hi,

I just pickup a GPS watch for my kid also...wondering if it is working using the fido service?

I have fido phone right now and tried on the kid gps watch...the calling work...but the GPS keep seeing offline?

Hey @isananik,

Welcome to the Community!

To answer your question, we do not currently support GPS tracker watch. If we do, we'll announce it on our website, so stay tuned. 

Banggar

There was no answer when I searched this so I'm posting my experience.  I have and Angel Watch for my six year old with the $15 plan wtih 250MB of Data.  It works well.  GPS is accurate.  Calling is understandable.  Data works for our purposes which is just skiing on the weekends.   The alternative would be an Apple Watch with a stand alone number.  That is only available on a different network.

alainski
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I am searching for the same thing: a GPS tracking plan for a tracking device for my child (who is autistic and would like to know his location). Any new plan or solution for this ?

Hello @alainski,

Fido does not offer any dedicated GPS tracking service at this time.

What I can suggest is get one of the $15 data only plan, stick the sim card in an old phone and enable location sharing. Put the device on the child and you will have a tracker. 

To set it up on an android device see here.

You can have Google maps on an Apple device and do the samething also.

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @RasFam

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

At this time all the plans we have that include airtime also include text messages. 

You can check out our monthly options here and our prepaid options here

Let me know if you have any questions on the offers.