cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the contest winners are chosen

tusharthakkar
I'm a participant level 2

I've been entering into 1 year free service contest + several other fido extras  contest  for over a year and without missing a day from entering however have not won a single time unluckily, so just wondering if this is even worth an effort. Not sure how winners are chosen. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

zivac
I'm a participant level 1

Actually I won a 2-year free service but they didn't give me any notice until I called them and asked what's the cheapest way(free) to get a new tablet and renew my data only plan at lowest price. After they told me I didn't need to pay for two years then I asked why? The guy just mentioned: maybe u won a price... That's my story.. So.. I must say it worths to do it.. when u remember to call...

FidoLony

Hey @tusharthakkar,

Welcome to the community!

There is no special selection when it comes to contest winners. Nonetheless, you can always participate to get the chance to win! 

ironThor

Hi FidoLony,

I am not sure if you answered the question, or maybe I am not reading it correctly.

I think what tusharthakkar is asking, are winners name chosen randomly or is it picked based on some sort of sequence.

Thanks 👍

tusharthakkar

That's exactly what I was asking. 

@ironThor wrote:

Hi FidoLony,

I am not sure if you answered the question, or maybe I am not reading it correctly.

I think what tusharthakkar is asking, are winners name chosen randomly or is it picked based on some sort of sequence.

Thanks 👍

Hi there, if I may, I believe the winners are chosen by a randomized computer selection. Sometimes we're lucky and sometimes not so much. There's a lot of Fido subscribers and if we all enter every day for every contest, that's means the odds are based on the number of entries received. I've been playing the lottery for years and I'm still working.  😉 having said that, good luck and may the odds be in your favour.

tusharthakkar

Thank you.  It's a waste of time then in my opinion.