cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the [1000 Long Distance Minutes] Add-On from my account?

JoeW
I'm a participant level 2

I have an add-on which I'd like to remove:

1000 Long Distance Minutes - $5 per month.

I've tried removing it by calling 6-1-1 but it doesn't have an option, I've tried removing it on the app but there's no option, I've tried removing it on the website but there's no option, I've tried sending CANCEL to 222 but that doesnt work. 

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO REMOVE ADD-ONS and why is it so unnecessarily complicated? 

3 REPLIES 3

Happy Monday @JoeW , the only way to remove the add on is by contacting one of the Fido representatives. You can make a call to Fido on your device by calling *611 or one of the other methods HERE. I'm pretty sure that to add or remove an add on you have to talk to a CSR. 

JoeW

It says under my bill:

fido.png

Its the 1000 Long Distance Mins I'd like to remove but I've tried AskJack and it just says it's out of office hours. Is there nothing that can be done to remove this tonight?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JoeW,

Welcome to the community!

Are you referring to the 1000 International minutes to select Countries? If yes, are you sure that is an add-on? As far as I am aware, that was a promotional offer on some eligible plans. Fido does have a different 1500 International minutes to select Countries as an add-on (see here).

In any case, if you would like to remove an add-on, you would need to contact customer service to have it removed. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers