cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Customer Service by Fido

sahiltalk
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Called in Fido to request a waive off on Data Roaming charge ($12) which was accidentally applied to my phone bill.   The representative initially said that he cannot do anything about it, but when i escalated he agreed to waive it off. 

He said i should see credit in my next billing cycle.   However, in next cycle no such credit was applied.  I called again and this time a 2nd representative said that there was no such offer made to me. 

Essentially, FIDO is now resorting to lying and not even honoring their words on the service calls.  This is very disappointing.  After 7 years of staying with FIDO, i am finally thinking to make move towards more cheaper and better service providers.   If they are willing to lie over $12 of charges, they do no deserve my business. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sahiltalk,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about the inconsistent information you have been provided regarding the Fido Roam charge. I do not know what was discussed between yourself and the representatives.

@sahiltalk wrote:.. i am finally thinking to make move towards more cheaper and better service providers.  ..

When you're comparing the different providers, make sure you compare similar services. Cheaper does not necessarily mean better. They may offer less costly plans because they also offer lesser services. For example, Freedom tends to offer cheaper plans. However, their coverage is also a fraction of the other providers. Their Nationwide coverage is what they call their extended coverage (ie roaming on other Canadian networks). Some of their plans place usage limits when using Nationwide coverage.

It's also possilble that some providers' plans are prepaid only or only offer '3G' speeds... 

It is not my intention to sway you towards or away from any particular mobile provider. Just make sure your chosen provider's service suits your needs.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @sahiltalk

Welcome to the Community.

Unexpected roaming charges are never fun, we get that! You mentioned they were accidental, do you take all the right measures on your end before traveling to ensure no roaming occurs ? 

We recommend turning off your data and roaming altogether. If not, you can always remove the SIM from your phone and store it somewhere safe as not to lose it. 

I will send you a PM so we can take a look at what happened. 

Talk to you soon.