cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highier bill with hidden charge

Ahmed17
I'm a participant level 3

An agent gave me plan for international calls which was .03cent/min for 3 months and after that it would be .05 cents/months.So I was ok with that plan but after few months  when bill popped up something went wrong and I tried more than a month to connect with customer service but unfortunately they were almost unavailable each day.last month I received again bill and it is huge bill amount 843$.fortunately I was able to talk to the customer agent and they informed me there's no plan at all for 03 cent/mins on my account but there is a plan which is 1.5$/mins.they also advised me they can not credit this amount which I have to pay.can anyone advise me what to do?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Ahmed17

We do offer a Premium calling rate for international long distance calls. In order to take advantage of that reduced rate on your line, you'll one of these add-ons

Do you happen to currently have the Value Pack or the Preferred international rate option added to your plan? These options will save you up to 98% on the pay per use rate for some calling destinations.

However, if you do not have these options added, international long distance calls will be billed at the regular price for each country. France for example is usually billed $1.5/min, but comes down to $0.03/min when you're covered with the Premium rate.

Ahmed17

I was advised by an agent that it would be 03 cents/min for 3 months and then it would be 05 cents/minutes but when I saw the bill too high then they advised me there's no plan like that but was free for 3 months and after 3 months it became 1.5$/min and I did not know that.i tried to check them whats happening since I had conversations with that agent for that plan.and I don't even know why it was changed to free for 3 months and then became regular rate.I tried to know but fido was almost unavailable for long time.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for clarifying,

We do have a promotional offer to add the Premium rate option free, for 3 months. That said, the pricing for the pay per use long distance calls will be the same. In other words, the add-on might be free, but you'll still be charged for each international call you make.

The main difference is that you'll be billed with the reduced rate for 3 months, and the full rate once the promotion expires. With that said, we'll need to take a closer look at your account to review the changed made recently.

To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here.

Ahmed17

I just need these amount to be credited because I did not even know all these above things you mentioned I just remembered the offer and conversation between me and that agent, in addition to that I don't even need to call with regular price since I have another fido number which includes 1000 minutes free international calls and I don't remember i even use half of those minutes. And that makes enough sense to that  knowingly I did not use regular price.

@Ahmed17,

We can surely review the charges in question.

To continue, please reach out to our customer service team here or send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter.

Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you'd prefer.