cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High monthly bill abv $1100, I opted for 1000 mins long distance calls

Tinachakrabarty
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi I have recently relocated from US to Canada and opted for Fido mobile services, when taking the connection I requested for 10 GB data and 1000 minutes international calling, and the store representative confirmed that this was added, but to my shock that was not added instead they added some device protection plan, which I never requested for. I went to the store today, they told me to reach out to office of president, and they apologized as when I took the connection, that day it was heavy volume of customers, so may be some confusion might have happened. Relocating from US to Canada, this was my first experience with cellular services and I must say it is terrible. I am severely disappointed with Fido and until the bill is getting adjusted I really can't get a peace of my mind. I am planning to shift to a new service provider to avoid this horrible experience ever.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tinachakrabarty,

Welcome to the community and Canada!

I'm sorry to hear of the awful surprise you received on your bill. To clarify, since you relocated from the US, are most of your International calls to the US? Unfortunately, the 1000 International minutes are only to certain countries and the US is not one of them (see here). In addition, you should note that those minutes are only for the long-distance portion of a call to those destinations. Airtime charges would also be applicable. If you have a limited number of airtime minutes included with your plan, you would be charged additional airtime if you exceed that limit.

If you mainly make calls to the US, Fido does offer Unlimited calling to the US as well as Preferred International rates. You can view those options here, under Long Distance.

If this was the case, it does seem like it was a misunderstanding regarding those 1000 International minutes. I'm not sure what can be done regarding possible partial reimbursement. You might consider contacting customer service to go over your bill. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers