cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Charges

Joedoo420
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I recently purchased the galaxy s10+. I was on a contract til June of this year but paid the $69.50 remaining balance on my phone and then paid $640 (after trade in for the s10+) he never said anything about a early upgrade fee ($69.50) and service fee ($35). Pretty shady move Fido.. imagine if I cancelled my plan, I guarantee I would receive a bill in the mail asking for a disconnection fees and service fees 🤦🏾‍:male_sign:.

5 REPLIES 5

Jobet1982
I'm a participant level 3

Fido has a lot of hidden charges.. and you will not see it.. I been 10 years in Fido I'm disappointed with this, I talked to some one and I'm not happy in the way she answer..you cannot see it your breakdown it just added there.. 

and then she ask me why?? Are you gonna stay in a company with hidden charges we'll that's a big question don't worry after account I wil probably not waste my money in Fido.. 

Hello @Jobet1982,

Welcome to the community!

What kind of charges are you referring to? 

Jobet1982

Additional charges.. when upgrading phone.. 

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Jobet1982,

Other than the device upfront cost and monthly financing amount the only other charge you can incur is a $40 service fee if you do the upgrade at a store or through customer service. However, that fee is waived if you do it through self-serve on fido.ca.

FidoSaira

Hey @Joedoo420,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I am sorry to learn that you feel you were not informed about these charges, this is definitely not the way we wish to serve our customers. 

Can you please clarify where did you upgrade the phone?

Also, did you receive any documentation regarding the upgrade? Normally, the documents we provide our customers have the price of the phone as well as any fee documented.