cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with prepaid account refill!

Quintaylor
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Okay so I just made a 60$ payment through the website. It's saying is been taken from my bank but my phone still has a 0$ balance and no service. Very upset please help Sad

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Quintaylor & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Just to clarify, did you make a bill payment or did you refill a prepaid account? If you were making a bill payment, @KAPABLE-K is right. However if you were refilling your prepaid account using Interac Online, the balance should have been updated immediately.

Let me know!

MJ40
I'm a participant level 2

HI,

same problem happened to me while trying to refill my prepaid account via interac. The money was taken out of my bank acccount but when I was redirected to the Fido screen I got an error message and my balance still shows $0 and expiring on May 20, 2018. Called 611 and the recording says $0 balance as well. Tried to log out My account and still nothing.

What should be my next step?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MJ40

Welcome to the Community! 

Can you confirm if you had clicked on make a ``payment`` or ``refill``? 

Did you also get a chance to check if you weren't automatically refunded as a pending transaction in your bank account?

MJ40

Hi Pierre,

I clicked on "one-time refill" and yes I was refunded an hour or so later. I end up going to the store and bought a voucher instead.

Next time should I click on "payment" instead?

Hey @MJ40

Happy to know that you received your refund Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Quintaylor your bank account will show the transaction but it can take up to 5 business days before the payment actually gets to Fido, that's no fault of Fido that is how it works when paying from your bank. The fastest method would be using a credit card.