cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government CRB Delayed

Sadman58
I'm a participant level 2

<span;>I am a victim of covid and have not been able to work since March of 2020. I was on the CERB program but that ran out around September 2020. Financial hardship kicked in so I had to go on welfare temporarily and did not get enough money to pay rent and survive on. I applied for the new CRB program back in December and have recently been approved and started getting my payments in Janruary 2021. Regretabbly I was not able to make cell phone payments and my bill was getting big. I talked with Fido collections and had arranged a payment plan. I was making my installment payments until about 3 weeks ago then when I tried to do my regular 2 week CRB reporting window at that time I was told I had to submit documents again for verification of identification. This process took 3 weeks as I was told yesterday from the CRB agent that my monies will be released. Because of this government delay I was not able to make the next FiDO payment installment...NOT MY FAULT due to the government delay. I spoke with Fido collections today to explain why I could not make my installment payment but that did not seem to be of any concern to them. I asked about setting up another payment plan that I could afford but they would not help. I told them it was NOT MY FAULT for missing the installment payment and collections told me becuse the installment payment was missed my installment payment plan became nullified and void. I asked about setting up another payment plan now that I will be getting my monies again but they will not help me. I was told I have to come up with a $2k payment to keep my phone service. My CRB total is $2000 minus tax a month. So now I will lose my phone service due to a situation that WAS NOT MY FAULT.

<span;>Is this fair? NO

<span;>So my thanks to Fido fro making my life more miserable now and wont have a phone service for who knows how long until I pay off my $3k bill

4 REPLIES 4

Sadman58

Thanks not sure if that will work as I see my service has been cut off not ablevtonteceivevtext

You simply need Wi-Fi to reply to our message and to access the link we sent you.

You can reply to our PM whenever you're ready. 

Sadman58
Click here
Thsnk you. 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sadman58

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your options.

Talk to you soon!