Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 XL Backorder

Tanatia
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

Last week (December 2)I did the online phone upgrade through my account and ordered the Google Pixel 3 XL. On Monday ,I received the order is processing Email with the Back order attachment. I was just wondering if there was an ETA for the phone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @Tanatia,

To answer your question, we do not have a specific ETA at this time. We do know that most of our stock of the Pixel 3 XL is moving to store and won't be available online shortly. 

Could you share with us which color you ordered? Have you considered going in store to get it? (We do recommend to verify first with the store near by before going there Smiley )

If you'd prefer to go that route, you'd need to contact customer service to cancel your online order. 

Tanatia

Thank you for your concern. At the end, I got a phone call saying that the phone was discontinued and that I had to choose another phone, but the next best alternative (Pixel 4) was too expensive  ($580 upfront). Very frustrating experience with Fido. If you buy a specific phone, you expect to get that specific phone. Bad practice to sell something,  and then say that it is gone and don't even offer alternatives.

Next week I will probably check the Boxing Day promotions, and I will change company. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Tanatia!

Thanks for the update Smiley We do our absolute best to honour orders made however when it comes to stock and phones being discontinued it can get a little tricky during the holiday season as we do get quite busy!

That said, keep an eye out for our Boxing day promos as you said, we're confident you'll find something you like.