cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global $5 monthly fee increase

thai1111
I'm a participant level 3

My monthly feee increase by $5 per line. I don't have a contract with Fido. My first line was a prepaid phone, And I convert into monthly since at least 5 years ago, with a plan text and talk $20/month. And my second line also a prepaid phone, I just got converted into monthly plan talk and text since 10 months ago for $15/month.  And now Fido increase $5/month for each line.  I call them and they said that the increase was general and global. But I am very doubt it. Because I got some friends and family don't see the increasement. I am sure this increase does not apply to everyone. But the Agent said that to me. Please let me know are you in the same case with me. Thanks. I will try to file a complaint to CRTC if i got something solid.

10 REPLIES 10

myplan_sucks03

Did you guys get any Text messages or emails regarding this change?

myplan_sucks03

Did any one text or email notice regarding this change?

ha27
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Me too, I converted into a fido plan 20$ from Chatr. Now from April, fido say they increase the plan to 25$, frustrated, will complaint.

thai1111

What they said is: for certain plan like mine that they increased.  They also said that my plan is so cheap and no longer existing, that why they need to increased. Even your are a longer existing customer.

Hello @thai1111 unexpected charges are always a concern. Did you perhaps have a time limited $5 credit on your plans? You can check that on previous bills. For example I received a $5 credit for 2 years and then it expired and my bill went back to the subscription plan price. You mentioned that you don't have a plan for your current devices. By not being subscribed to a plan, the prices may go up, if you are committed to a 2 year plan, your price would be unchanged and guaranteed for the 2 year period. You may have to check back in your invoices to determine if your discount was time limited and discuss with customer service from there on. All the best 

gcrmt
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Lies.  Nothing but lies.  They are increasing rates $5 for profit and only for profit.  This is being discussed on other forums and CSRs are giving customers different reasons.  It has nothing to do with global universal increase as only a few plans are being increased.   The best one I read was a CSR telling a customer that it was mandated by the government.  lol

thai1111

I did check, I had two lines. one line is a plan of $20 and no discount.  Another line is $20 with $5 discount permanent, because they have the promotion to convert from the prepaid phone. And no limits of time. I talked with agent and they said that Fido increase only on certain plan. (ex. like my plan).

thai1111

Hi again, the first time I call a agent and they said that increase are global for Canada.  The second time I call back, and I go deeper and they said that, the increase is for certain plan only. Because thay found that my plan is so cheap.

fibo123

Same situation as you! They told me it was a global increse, but they lied becasue my friend did not get that increase on his plan because he paid 60$ for only 5GB.  I only paid $35 for 7GB. I beliver you are right. Fido will find any cheaper plan payer and increase their plan fee for PROFIT. 

myplan_sucks03

Did you guys get any Text message or email regarding this change?