cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us the "chat setting

georgiehines97
I'm a participant level 2

this past weekend i was given the run around by multiple reps, telling me i need ro contact samsung about my question then samsung told me i need to have fido enable this setting onto my sim, basically the "chat setting" treats the samsung galaxies that are compatiable as an iphone it basically shows you when someone has read your message or says when the message was delievered, anywho as i got the run around a fido rep had said its a default setting thar will eventually appear but everyone i know who has the samsung galaxy s8 already has it? So im wondering if fido will give it too us or not? Can someone not give me the run around and give me a straight answer? Thanks 🤘💯

8 REPLIES 8

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @georgiehines97!

Welcome to the Community!

Are you referring to RCS messaging through the Android Messages app?

Are you using the Android Messages app and do you have RCS messaging enabled? You can enable this in the app under Settings Advanced Chat Features > then toggle Enable Chat features to ON.

If this is what you are inquiring about, then I would also suggest checking out this thread as there's some good info there as well. 

Let us know if this helps!

Hello Georgiehines97,

Welcome to the community!

Are the Galaxy S8 users you know using Samsung Messages or Android Messages with Fido or Rogers?

@FidoAmanda Samsung was supposed to be in collaboration with Google to provide RCS support for Samsung Messages as well as Android Messages (see here). They said the devices with support include the Galaxy S8/S8+, S8 Active, S9/S9+, Note 8, Note 9, and "select A and J series" phones. Presumably later devices would also support the service. I understand RCS should work with Android Messages. However, does Fido/Rogers also provide RCS support for Samsung Messages? There are reports that Bell supports Samsung Messages while Rogers supports Android Messages (see here and here). If providers only offer support for one or the other, it seems to go against the whole premise of interoperability between Samsung Messages and Android Messages.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 😀

Cheers

georgiehines97

I just tried, and that option isnt their in the settings? What do i do? 

Hey @Cawtau!

That's a great question, and, honestly, we're not entirely sure. We're looking into it and we'll get back to you on that as soon as we get more info!

Hello,

It appears as though RCS has been enabled for Samsung Messages with the latest OS updates.

Screenshot_20190903-132658_Messages.jpg

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

zenosdk
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I can't complete the registration process though. Has anyone registered successfully? 

Hello Zenosdk,

Welcome to the community!

I hadn't intended on registering for the service because I don't think I would use RCS. However, I just registered to see if it would work.

Screenshot_20190905-205704_Messages.jpg

It seems to have registered properly on my phone. My RCS is currently disabled because I turned it off. It does, however, remain enabled when the switch is turned on. That said, I have not tested the functionalilty of RCS as I do not know anyone else with it.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

@Community 

Do you have any insight for this situation? Thank you very much!