cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free long-distance calling to Canada Mar. 16-Apr. 30

TJ_T
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I'm a Mobile customer and want to make sure I understand the lingo so I don't get burned. Does this refer to calls from within Canada to anywhere in Canada, or also from outside Canada to anywhere in Canada?

In particular I'm in the Caribbean right now. Can I call anywhere in Canada free?

Thanks a lot.

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TJ_T,

Welcome to the community!

What you refer are two different things: long-distance and roaming (usage outside of Canada). That said, Fido is waiving both Canadian long-distance fees as well as roaming fees (on applicable plans) for that period (see here). So the roaming fees for usage you would incur for calling Canada while you're in the Caribbean would be waived during that period.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

TJ_T

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly they're waiving both the daily data roaming fees and roaming calls (as long as calls are to Canada)?

Hello again,

Firstly, what plan do you have: post-paid or pre-paid? Does your plan include data and talk?

To clarify, Fido is only waiving roaming fees for post-paid customers. If your plan includes talk, text, and data you're likely already enrolled with Fido Roam. Any usage while you're outside of Canada would be taken from your plan allotments. Any additional usage would be considered overage and charged accordingly.

Making calls back to Canada or those made to destinations within the Country in which you are roaming would be included. Making calls to other Countries would be considered long-distance and would incur additional fees. Receiving calls and sending or receiving text messages would also be included.

You can also use the data available in your monthly allotment.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

TJ_T

I pay for my usage at the end of each month so I assume that means it's post-paid?

I have unlimited Canada wide calling and 4 GB of data. Basic plan for $55/month. Thanks.

Hello again,

The details of your plan do sound like it would include Fido Roam. So making calls back to Canada or those made to destinations within the Country in which you are roaming would be included. Making calls to other Countries would be considered long-distance and would incur additional fees. Receiving calls and sending or receiving text messages would also be included.

You can also use the data available in your monthly allotment.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers