cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent text messages

Yanilicata2010
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

A month ago I got a bill for over $1300 on my daughter's account and it showed she had sent over 5000 texts to the US. We asked for a fraud investigation and that text messages be turned off. they also said they will be in touch in a week. Two weeks passed by and nothing. So I called and  all they said is if the SIM card hasn't left the phone it is not fraud. They also said the messages have continued to be sent. We know for a fact that she did not send these texts. I don't know what to do anymore. I have called again and I have been on hold for 2 hours waiting for a supervisor. Why can Fido not help me solve this?  Someone out there is using my daughters phone number to text and Fido has zero solutions

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAlex

Hey @Yanilicata2010, Alex here, welcome to the community!

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you're having, that definitely doesn't sound right.

I've just sent you a PM here on the community, you can reply to us when you're ready and we'll take a look into this with you. 

Hello @Yanilicata2010 , what a terrible thing to happen. I would keep pursuing a fraud investigation and perhaps go on fido and immediately change your number. I suggest contacting fidosolutions on Twitter or sending a dm here on the community to fidosolutions and request help. I sure hope this is cleared up soon. Regards