cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud service , my device protection deactivate without my knowledge

neel20
I'm a participant level 2

I took the Fido number on 29th Nov 2019 from The Mobile Shop , real Canadian superstore northwest location and I got TIM mobile protection plan credit of $50 , that gives me the protection on my device for next 6 months without paying anything from my pocket. When I called the brightstar on 01st Jan 2020 , requesting to update my address I have been told that my service has been deactivated  on 31st dec and the reason for the deactivation is  “I called them on 31st to deactivate” that is a shock to me as I never called them on 31st dec or before . I keep asking for the number from which someone called on my behalf and deactivated the services as it’s It’s a serious concern that someone is using my details. Every time when I called to brightstar service  I have been told matter has been escalated with no detail has been provided to me .  My details is with THE MOBILE SHOP or with FIDO AND Brighstar  only as I haven’t share my phone number details with anyone. Either THE BRIGHTSTAR is lying or they have serious data security issues 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @neel20

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Just to clarify, did you add the device protection by paying monthly on your Fido bill or was that paid directly at the store?

neel20

it was the offer given at “the mobile shop” credit of $50 as points , quantity 5 of $10 each that automatically will be detected by the brightstar for the protection for next 6 months.

The day I got to know that my device protection deactivated , I asked brightstar of what will happen to the remaining  balance , since my device protection was active only for a month 29nov -31sr dec , the call centre agent is having no idea of it. 

Hello Neel20,

Welcome to the community!

If you received the offer from The Mobile Shop, I believe their mobile device protection is separate from Fido (see here and here). While the device protection for Fido and The Mobile Shop are both through Brightstar, it is unlikely Fido will have any record of the protection. Have you considered contacting The Mobile Shop?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers